Top 10 Best Spin Dryers (Compact) – Reviews
Spin dryers are designed to make the process of drying clothes as simple and effortless as possible.
All you have to do is throw your wet clothes in there, and within a matter of minutes, you have perfectly dry clothes.
These portable, compact dryers work miracles for people who live in places where the weather is often unforgiving with rain and snow, which makes the drying of clothes a nightmare.
It’s also a good addition for people who live in cramped up spaces where they don’t have wide-open yards in which their clothes can dry from the sun and the wind.
Best Spin Dryer Reviews
Spin-X 776 SEK-TS Centrifugal Spin Dryer
||View on Amazon|
Panda 3200 rpm Portable Spin Dryer
||View on Amazon|
Avalon Bay Ecospin, Portable Non-Electric Spin Dryer
||View on Amazon|
The Laundry Alternative Nina Soft Spin Dryer
||View on Amazon|
KUPPET Mini Portable Washing Machine and Spin Dryer
||View on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- 1 Spin-X 776 SEK-TS Centrifugal Spin Dryer – Great for People with Swimming Pools
- 2 Panda 3200 rpm Portable Spin Dryer – High Capacity Spin Dryer
- 3 Avalon Bay Ecospin, Portable Non-Electric Spin Dryer – For the Environmentally Conscious User
- 4 The Laundry Alternative Nina Soft Spin Dryer – Ventless Portable Electric Dryer
- 5 KUPPET Mini Portable Washing Machine and Spin Dryer – For a Quick and Easy Clean
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Spin-X 776 SEK-TS Centrifugal Spin Dryer – Great for People with Swimming Pools
This Spin-X 776 SEK-TS Centrifugal Spin Dryer was designed for people with swimming pools or people who tend to regularly wash laundry with heavy materials such as towels. This is a particularly quiet spin dryer with a huge wet load capacity of 10 pounds, which doesn’t exactly make it the spinner with the biggest capacity on this list, but it’s up there with the best of them.
What this spinner doesn’t have in terms of wet load capacity it makes up for in terms of efficiency. This spin dryer is designed with electrical efficiency in mind as it uses only a tiny bit of power to dry even the wettest of towels in less than two minutes.
This is a highly compact model that measures 17 x 13.5 x 25 inches and weighs only 25 pounds, which makes it rather portable. Made out of stainless steel and high impact plastic, this dryer is not only efficient but also very durable. Even though, as is the case with almost every spin dryer, your clothes (towel, swimsuits and anything else you throw at it) won’t be completely dry, the spinner does pull out most of the water in under two minutes which makes it perfect for people who tend to want things done in a hurry.
Another great reason why you should consider buying this spinner is that it doesn’t need any kind of professional installation. All you have to do is take it out of its box and find it an A/C wall socket to plug it into, and you have a fully functioning, efficient dryer that can dry a towel in under two minutes.
Are you looking for something that would make a perfect addition to your pool house? Then this spinner, which can dry a wet towel in under two minutes, would be a good choice. It’s light, made out of stainless steel, and has a wet load capacity of 10 pounds. This is perfect for light use by people who have swimming pools.
- Designed with efficiency in mind, which means that it only uses a fraction of the power that most spinners and traditional dryers would use
- It has a generous 10-pound wet load capacity
- It only weighs 25 pounds which makes it rather portable
- No installation necessary
- The manufacturer isn’t as forthcoming with information as most customers would like. For example, there is no indication of how loud or quiet this dry spinner is when in use
Panda 3200 rpm Portable Spin Dryer – High Capacity Spin Dryer
The Panda 3200 rpm Portable Spin Dryer is a high capacity spin dryer that can take on more clothes than most of its competitors. With a 22-pound capacity, this is a spin dryer that could serve people with big families, and therefore big laundry loads well. This is a beautiful stainless steel machine that was designed to be used indoors.
The good thing about it is that it only weighs 26 pounds, which makes it rather portable should you need to move it to a different part of the house to limit the noise. It produces 72 dB worth of noise, which makes it a bit loud but not too loud to make your life a living nightmare.
One of the biggest advantages that come with this spin dryer is that it uses gravity as its drainage system, which means that it won’t need a sink. You can use a little bucket to catch the water from the machine’s outlet. Although this dryer isn’t suitable for commercial use, it is rather suitable for home use or even other living accommodations such as on a boat or in a cabin.
This is the kind of spin dryer you get when you want something that can take on a few more clothes than other regular dryers. It dries your clothes fast, and even though they won’t be completely dry, they will be dry enough to respond well to a bit of ironing to take away all those creases. It’s light, doesn’t take up much room and doesn’t make as much noise as most spin dryers. This is a good choice for people with families.
- Has a high capacity, which means it can take on a few more clothes than your typical dryer
- It only weighs 22 pounds, which makes it rather portable should you need to take it with you on to your boat or move it around the house
- It’s a compact design which doesn’t take up much space or room around the house
- It isn’t as noisy as most spin dryers
- It’s only meant for domestic use. Even though it has a high capacity, it isn’t suitable for commercial use
Avalon Bay Ecospin, Portable Non-Electric Spin Dryer – For the Environmentally Conscious User
This is a hand-cranked spin dryer that only takes a few minutes to dry up to 4.5 pounds of laundry. Designed to be the perfect companion for the EcoWash, this Avalon Bay Ecospin, Portable Non-Electric Spin Dryer, is both easy to use and beautifully designed. The manufacturer went of their way to ensure that the design used here didn’t incorporate any of the known agitators that tend to ruin your clothes and use up so much of your electricity. That means that this spinner doesn’t have any heating elements, nor does it need any electricity to operate.
Being that this Ecospin is a hand-cranked spinner, you would be forgiven for thinking that your clothes won’t be as dry as you would like them to be. The truth is that in just a few minutes, your laundry will be 95% dry, which makes this one of the most efficient and effective spin driers in the market. While this machine pairs well with the EcoWash machine to make a washing machine, it can still be used to wash clothes as a stand-alone gadget.
All you have to do is add about 5L into the mechanism and watch your clothes get cleaned in minutes. The only downside to using it this way is that you can only wash small clothing items. So no towels or duvets here. This lightweight and portable hand-cranked dry spinner is the perfect machine for people who are environmentally conscious.
Are you one of those people who loves to go camping for days or even weeks on end? If so, this is the right spinner and washing machine combination for you. You can use it to both wash and dry your clothes when you are out in the woods in just a matter of minutes. It’s also excellent for home use if you want to save money on electricity.
- It is hand-cranked, which means it uses absolutely no electricity, thus saving you money
- It gets your clothes 95% dry in a matter of minutes
- It can also be used as a washing machine for small cloth items
- It has a rather small capacity (4.5 pounds)
The Laundry Alternative Nina Soft Spin Dryer – Ventless Portable Electric Dryer
Operating at a spin speed of 1800 RPM, this Laundry Alternative Nina Soft Spin Dryer is one of the best options in the market today. It’s certainly much better than other alternatives from this manufacturer in the sense that this installment can take on 12 pounds of clothes and dry them up in under 3 minutes.
Designed to be gentler on your clothes than most dryers, this option is more energy-efficient and doesn’t need any kind of hook-up. Being a ventless spin dryer, the machine automatically comes on whenever the lid is closed and will easily open and automatically turn off once you pull the latch.
Even though this machine doesn’t completely dry your clothes up (spin dryers often don’t), it does a good enough job within such a short time to make it worth the money you spend on it. In just 3 minutes, you will have dry clothes, and this energy-efficient machine turns itself off as soon as you pull the latch on the lid.
- Ventless spin dryer
- It’s very portable and energy-efficient
- Can take on 12 pounds of clothes and dry them in under 3 minutes
- Only dries your clothes 90% of the way through
KUPPET Mini Portable Washing Machine and Spin Dryer – For a Quick and Easy Clean
This Mini Portable Washing Machine and Spin Dryer by KUPPET is an absolute joy to use. The machine is designed to take care of all your laundry needs under one roof. It can clean and spin-dry your clothes all at the same time. It is very easy to operate.
All you have to do is put in your dirty clothes, add in a bit of water and set the timer. After that, there is nothing else to do except to wait for about 15 minutes as the machine cleans your clothes and dries them for you.
Designed to hold a large load, this washing machine and spin dryer has a twin tub dual function that saves you a great deal of time and is absolutely efficient. The washer can take on 5.5 pounds while the spinner can take on 4.5 pounds.
Operating at a spinning speed of 1300 RPM, this washer has a timer for both functions where the washer takes about 15 minutes, and the dryer only needs about 5 minutes. In just 20 minutes you will have clean and dry clothes when you use this machine.
Do you want a machine that takes care of all your laundry needs under one roof? Then this Mini Portable Washing Machine and Spin Dryer by KUPPET is the right choice for you. Not only is it energy efficient, but it’s also time-efficient. With a total load capacity of 10 pounds, this might not be the right machine for large families, but it’s certainly one for people who value efficiency.
- It is rather light, which makes it very portable
- It has a dual function where it can wash and dry your clothes in a total of 20 minutes
- It has a total capacity of 10 pounds
- A total of 20 minutes to wash and dry clothes might be too long for some people
Frequently Asked Questions
As is the case with everything you buy today, there are some pertinent questions that you need to ask every time to make sure that you make the right purchase. With all these options in the market, here are some commonly asked questions that will help you understand spin dryers better:
Do spin dryers get clothes dry?
Yes, and no. Yes, as in most spin dryers are designed to get your clothes dry at least 90% of the way. The remaining 10%, although not that significant to the state of dryness of your laundry, might still cause some issues for people who don’t like ironing their clothes. Technically, however, spinners do get your clothes dry…most of the way through.
How do you clean a spin dryer?
Like most machines, spin dryers need to be well maintained to give you extended service. Cleaning your spin dryer is one of the best ways to maintain it. The simplest approach is to start by cleaning the outside of the spin dryer at least once every week by simply wiping it down with a damp cloth.
You can dip that cloth in a mild dishwasher liquid. You also need to clean the inside of your spin dryer at least once a month even when you don’t see any stains. If it’s a plug and play dryer, you need to unplug it from the power source before you clean the inside using a damp cloth and some detergent.
How can I improve the efficiency of my dryer?
There are some dryers, most on this list, that are designed with efficiency in mind. Despite that fact, you still need to take certain steps to make sure that your dryer remains efficient. You can do this by making sure that the cap and ventilation tube are kept clean at all times. You also need to make sure that lint, debris, and other forms of dirt don’t accumulate within the dryer. You can do this by cleaning both the outside and the inside at least once a week and once a month, respectively.
Are spin dryers worth your time and money? Absolutely! The options listed here are some of the best and most efficient alternatives in the market today. Take your pick!
How Does a Spin Dryer Work?
There is one very good reason why you should definitely choose a spin dryer over a conventional dryer – the heating element You see; a conventional tumble dryer works by directing hot air into the machine. That is combined with a spinning effect that dries your clothes. Unfortunately, this machine needs to use quite a bit of electricity thanks to the heating element. That means that it isn’t one of the most cost-effective ways of drying your clothes.
A spin dryer, on the other hand, doesn’t need that heating element to work because it doesn’t work by directing heat into the machine. Instead, a spin dryer has a mounted drum that spins around at very high speeds. That motion drives the damp out of your clothes without needing to use heat. This makes it a much cheaper alternative when it comes to drying laundry.
The biggest issue is that spin dryers tend to be noisy thanks to the high-speed spinning mechanism. If you don’t mind that, then buying the best spin dryer you can find would be one of the best choices you make.
Here are several other reasons why you might want to buy a spin dryer today:
- You can easily dry your clothes when you need them: Have you ever tried finding that perfect dress for a date only to realize that it’s still wet? With a spin dryer, this problem will be a thing of the past. You can easily dry whatever clothes you want to wear whenever you want to wear them.
- It saves you time and effort: You no longer have to wait for the weather to be just right or stay on alert in case the clothes you’ve hand out to dry get rained on. A spin dryer dries your clothes quickly and saves you a whole lot of headaches.
- They give you clothes that are easier to iron: Spin dryers don’t overly crease your clothes, which makes them easier to iron. Besides, clothes that have just been dried still have a bit of moisture in them, which makes them that much easier to iron.
- You won’t need to worry about the weather: It doesn’t matter whether it’s raining or snowing outside. Your spin dryer will still get your clothes dry in time for that hot date.
- You will have a tidier home: Have you ever noticed how untidy hanging lines make your yard look? With a spin dryer, you won’t need these lines, which means you get to have a tidier home and a better-looking yard.